Discouraged by the ongoing nature of getting organized? Need a way to stay motivated on this endless journey? Here are some ways to create your own motivation.
- Shift perspective. Things out and in use means life is happening! This is a good thing. Embrace daily clutter as a sign that you’re living a full, productive and happy life.
- Organize regularly / Trash Bag Tango (thanks Peter Walsh). Instead of feeling defeated by daily clutter—the clutter caused by living your life—decide to tidy up and put things back where they belong on a regular basis.
- Re-assess on ongoing basis. Reassess your belongings on an ongoing basis. The less stuff you have, the less time you’ll spend dealing with your stuff.
- Be guarded what you let into your home. One of the easiest ways to stay organized is to keep would-be clutter out of your home in the first place. Scrutinize everything you let into your home—even free things.
- Remember every item you bring into your home has a cost—even free things have a cost. Stuff costs you time and space. So contemplate what you’ll allow into your home by not only asking if the item is in your financial budget, but also by deciding if you truly have the space and time to deal with this item, both now and on an ongoing basis.
- Keep it simple. When organizing a space, keep simplicity in mind. Make it simple to keep your space organized by storing everything you need to perform an activity together. Then, add labels to your finished organizing projects so you remember what belongs where—and so others can help you put things away, too.
- Treat yourself to organizing solutions you love. The more you love an organizing solution, the more likely you are to use it (and enjoy yourself in the process). So to remain motivated to keep your spaces tidy, make sure you like how your space looks when it is picked up. Invest in organizing solutions you love to help maintain the motivation to keep your space organized and clutter-free.
#getorganized #organizedlilfe #anorganizedlife #habit #routine #stayorganized #organizedspaces #beautifullyorganized #stayingorganized #organizesimply #iloveorganizing #loveorganizing #simplyorganized #organizedcloset #closet #beautifulcloset #beautifullyorganizedcloset #organizedclothes #organizedclothing #professionalorganizer #professionalorganizing #personalorganizer #organizemyday #howtoorganizemyday #organizemydayforproductity #productivity #organizedday #organizedhome #personalorganizing #personalorganizer